I used to buy really, really nice Rolex (and other) knockoffs in Taiwan and
Singapore in the 90s. I would bring them back and hand them out as gifts to
friends. Good quality ones with solid Seiko movements were around $40 on the
street. I showed one to our jeweler neighbor in WI and he was really surprised
at the quality.

-D