Rusty's got em and his work just fine

At 08:50 AM 5/24/2006, you wrote:
John W. Reames III wrote:
> On Mon, 22 May 2006, Marshall Booth wrote:
>> I believe that OM61x injection pumps changed to using splined delivery
>> valves in the early '80s but I don't have a specific date. I know that
>> the '84 and '85s I've owned or seen used splined pipe fitting. I don't
>> recall if my '82 did. All of my OM60x pumps (from early '84 on) require
>> the splined wrench. I believe the splined wrench I have is a Hazet. I
>> haven't tried any others.
>
> I think hazet is the only maker of that socket....
>
> I had an 84 126.120 that was hex, and have an 85 123.133 that is hex. How
> can you tell if a car is Cali Spec? (I'm wondering if that might be the
> difference?)

Must be that Bosch was supplying both types at the same time (all of my
'84 and later cars 123, 124 & 201 had splined delivery valve holders).
There are several issues like that (there was a two year period where
some driveshafts were indexed, some were not and some had the index
marked, but the driveshafts weren't balanced using the marks). It's not
as though it's hard to tell. Just LOOK at the delivery valve pipe fittings!!

There are other makers of the splined socket (like the suppliers to
Performance Products and to Sir Tools) besides Hazet. I'm pretty sure
Hazet makes the one that Mercedes sells.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84
190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)