I like them so much, I actually own several, and keep spare vane sets in
case they need rebuilt. So far, after 10 years of frequent and abusive use,
they are still pumping as new.
The pump bodies are stainless, the impellers are nylon and individual
vanes, so actually well designed.
I do take care to always only store them clean, so they are ready to use
for whatever comes next. The addition of a 12v switch at the pump, and 20
ft of good low voltage wire from the yard light section at home depot, with
nice battery clamps well identified [red and black for +- ] are worthwhile
mods. I now keep them in their own tool bags, with zip lock bags of various
fittings, and rolls of different size hose, which makes them a "grab and
go" item.