And why would this matter unless you’re doing things that aren’t business
related on the business’ computer(s)?

This is a concept that some people just don’t seem to be able to grasp, and it
never ceases to amaze me. I’ve seen people who do all sorts of personal stuff
like deal with doctors, do their taxes, even run a home rental business on a
work computer. How stupid can you be?

My personal favorite is when someone is job seeking and they use their work
computer to send out resumes and correspond with potential employers. That
takes some balls. Or they’re insanely ignorant.

And of course this could be a massive bluff, too. Software that does this is
stupid expensive. They might be saying this and then just putting it on a small
group of machines, too.

Quite honestly, they’ve got plenty of information from the logs and browser
history to nail you up if you’re playing around. We pull this stuff all of the
time for our HR department. I don’t need screen shots or keystrokes to tell if
you’re goofing off or where our computer is located.

-D