My dad had a '48 Hudson that he sold a few years ago.  North Dakota car, not a
bit of rust, totally original.  Ran just fine, it was his summer cruiser for a
few years.  When he was ready to sell, I tried to convince him to give BaT a
try, sent him an auction where a similar car sold for over $15k.

He was not keen on that, wanted to meet the buyer face to face to close the
deal, so he sold it on Craigslist.  I think he got about $7k for it, new owner
was some young gear head that was really into big old cars, had a little
collection going.  I would not be surprised if this guy enjoyed it for a bit
then flipped it for a lot more than he paid.

Max Dillon
Charleston SC