That's the right attitude. Kinda what I'm doing with the house on the northern
estate.

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 2:23 PM, Allan Streib via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Been watching some YouTube. Tear down
of a Honda transmission doesn't look terrible. Just a lot of parts to keep
track of. Described as "just a manual that shifts automatically" by more than
one person.

I've gathered that the most likely problem is that the 2nd gear clutches have
worn out and the filter is clogged with clutch friction material. Symptoms
match what I'm experiencing and is common failure with Hondas.

Tear down, new clutches, new seals, new filter, clean the valve body, looks
meticulous but not impossible.

Might give it a go.... can't really make matters worse.

Allan