I accidentally ripped the abs wires out of their socket on my Jetta a couple
months ago. I was irritated to discover that while the pigtail is available one
must splice it in, there is no plug on the inboard side...
Sounds like the door is a better system.
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 8:00 PM, Meade Dillon via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   My idea for the fix is to use wire
that has very fine copper strands and
silicon insulation, so they are very flexible.  Cut out the old harness for
about a six to eight inch section that bridges the accordion hinge, and
crimp in the new wires, so that one set of crimps is inside the body and
the other set is fully in the door.

Friend has a pretty new VW Jetta, probably about ten years old or so, and
it had a similar problem with electric windows.  Suspecting the wires in
the accordion joint, I opened up the driver's door and found the problem
there.  What impressed me was that there was a socket in the body, and the
door wiring harness plugged into that socket.  Pull out the connector,
remove the door panel, and it was easy to see that one could replace the
door harness as a unit, including the part that flexes and fails.  I'm
pretty sure he bought a replacement from the dealer.
Max
Charleston SC

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 7:15 PM Dimitri Seretakis via Mercedes <