I don't remember where they are relative to anything else, but with the
subway it really doesn't matter much - see the Museum of Natural History,
the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Guggenhiem, Central Park North for the
gardens, Zabar's, ride the Staten Island Ferry (it was free).

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 9:07 AM Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

>  Thats a pretty okay hotel. It's an easy walk to 30 Rock and the Empire
> State building. A longish walk to Times Square, pretty far to the 911
> memorial.
> There is a diner between there and the Empire State that I used to go to.
> Old school, big menu, good food, small money. I can't find it on Google
> Maps, it's been a long time since I've been there.
> Another thing you might check out, try to be at B&H Photo (33rd & 9th) at
> maybe 4:30 on Friday. The place is run by Hasidic Jews, they close at sun
> down on Friday which, at least in the 90s when I went there "Put down the
> items and leave now." It was pretty funny to watch people who didn't know
> what was going on.
>
> -Curt
>
>     On Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 9:45:59 AM EDT, Kaleb Striplin via
> Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
>  Speaking of UN, what about that Hilton right by the UN, or is that still
> a long way away from everything?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Aug 10, 2021, at 8:20 AM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Probably $50. I took a cab once from Penn station to sheepshead bay in
> Brooklyn, $90 and a long ride.
> >
> > I would recommend you go a little farther uptown, 30th st or so which
> puts you in walking distance of Times Square and Rockefeller Center to the
> north and the Sept 11 memorial to the south. I used to stay in a Holiday
> Inn express around there. It's a pretty good good hotel, don't gag too
> badly when you see Manhattan prices, the most I ever paid was $700/night
> but that was a week the UN was in town. If you do stay in that area go walk
> the Highline, I bet the flowers are nice this time of year.
> >
> > LGA is run down, or it was a couple years ago when I last went there.
> It's not a bad airport though.
> >
> > To anybody who hasn't been in NYC in 30 years, this is not the city it
> was. It's cleaned up a lot and is pretty safe by big city standards. Stick
> to the touristy areas and nobody will bother you.
> >

> > Curt
> >
> > Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 8:46 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes
> > <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> > For my weekend I’m thinking about moving to the Hilton that is close to
> the WTC/ground zero area. Got to thinking, how expensive and how would it
> take to take a cab/Uber from here to the dealership in the Bay Ridge area?
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > > On Aug 9, 2021, at 6:49 PM, Kaleb Striplin <ka...@striplin.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Which turned into the kid also wanting to go. So I had to pay for 2
> tickets out of pocket. This also has turned into me staying until Monday so
> I can enjoy some sight seeing over the weekend. Since I had to buy tickets
> for the wife and kid I went the cheapest route possible, which in this case
> was LGA.
> > >
> > > I have a company paid hotel, Hampton Inn Brooklyn, up until Friday,
> [...]

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!