My ifōn 7 I've had for 4yr or so has bricked itself, refuses to boot up.  I don't know if something in the device fried, or some software upgrade attempt gorked it.  I've tried all the tricks to see if I could get it to live, after several attempts it actually connected to iToonz on a Mac and it wanted to reload and restore itself and something started happening but then that seemed to go off into the ether, and nothing useful happened.  I was going to see about going to the apple store to see if the genii could unbrick it but they are closed now for covids based on who knows what.  Oh no, wait, they are actually open again.  hmmm.

So I go to the VZW store today to see about getting another phone, which the website said they had at the store (iFōn 11 not the new 12) but then the store was closed today, the only day it is closed the whole month of August and Sept for some reason. Sigh.  So I try to do a chat with someone on the VZW website and before we can continue with the transaction, they need to send a msg to my bricked phone.  This is the only way they can do anything.  WTF.

Then I look at my account and somehow my ex-wife has her email on it, even though I get bill notices and such on mine.  So I try to change it and IT WANTS TO SEND A MSG TO MY BRICKED PHONE!!! WTF???

I did stop by Costco and they can get an 11 but with less memory and not a color I particularly want (not that it matters I guess) but 5-7 days to order and deliver.  VZW says 2 day deliver if I could actually buy the damn thing.  So I guess I will have to go to the store again tomorrow and deal with that pain, and still wait for it to be sent.  Interestingly earlier the website said they had these in the stores for pickup but now apparently not.

And now they only do monthly payments for the cost of the thing, over 24months.

--
--FT