You have to look at the total energy cycle - all of it used to manufacture
those wind generators, solar panels, nuclear plants (probably the best
option, if thorium based), the batteries, all those silicon chipsand the
rest of the car.
 In the best case you will break even, but the last study I saw a few years
ago came to the conclusion that the least environmentally damaging mode of
personal transportation was a new Mercedes Diesel.

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 11:26 AM Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Not if generated from wind, solar, nuclear or geothermal power.
>
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 12:22 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > But more emissions at the power plant.
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > > On Sep 13, 2021, at 11:19 AM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <
> > mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > But zero emissions while driving.

> > and

> most

> on
> funny,

> > and

> (six
> > blank)

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!