To my knowledge vegetable oil needs to be at like 600F or higher before it
might potentially ignite.  So, I suppose it's possible on the turbo or
something (Pretty sure an oil leak on the turbo/exhaust is what cause the
fire on an old Impulse I had).  Not sure what the temp is of diesel.  A
spark certainly wouldn't set either off.  For that matter, I've tried to
burn some spilled vegoil residue off of concrete with a propane torch and
didn't have much luck.

Levi

On 5/26/06, Craig McCluskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 26 May 2006 20:45:45 -0700 (PDT) B Dike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, you might smell the leak and pull over if one fails, but a family
> member might not recognize the problem until a fire breaks out.

One of the "advantages" of petroleum diesel is that it's not very
flammable, so there is little worry of a fire.

Are you saying that biodiesel is different?

Craig