I had a very astute employee benefits guy explain it to me once that you’ve got
two choices here, but the costs are the same:

1.) You pay up front by paying higher premiums. If you don’t use the services,
you lose some $$.

2.) You pay as you go and pay for what you use, up to the max.

Either way, you pay. It’s just a matter of when and how. If you’ve got
relatively healthy people you can come out better by paying as you go. If
you’re not sure, you go with paying up front. It’s a roll of the dice for the
most part.

-D