This reminds me of a story a friend of mine told about his experiences with
American telephone systems.  Got new management (probably a merger) and they
went through making waves and the local manager was an ass.

Had a big meeting about staffing, and my buddy, who isn't afraid of much, poked
the guy next to him and said "are you going to tell them or should I" -- guy
said you, so Dennis got up and said

"I've got some bad news for you.  You came in here, threatened everyone,
trashed what they were doing, made it impossible to get things done correctly,
and everyone put out resumes.  The best people are already gone, and everyone
else is waiting for a job offer.  If you don't remove yourself from your job
and get some real management in here, you will be the only person at work"

And sat down.  Two days later they had a new boss, but the damage was done.  As
he said, the best people were already gone, and many of the good ones left
shortly after that.

Management morons who have only a Harvard Business School MBA and no actual
(running a machine to generate product) experience are incapable of managing a
cow defecating, and will generally destroy a good business long before they
learn that every single thing they "learned" in "management school" is bullshit
made up to keep people like Hatchet Al well paid, and America de-inductrialized.

Note that Hatchet Al singlehandedly destroyed about 90% of American light
industry/housewares -- his answer to everything was fire everyone and contract
overseas, then leave before the stock price plummeted and the company went
bankrupt.  He is still used as an example I think, without noting that every
single company he "fixed" went out of business within a couple years.