From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Brian Smyla
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 6:58 AM
To: 'Mercedes mailing list'
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Quick fix for freewheeling fan clutch

Thanks for the input, Kaleb and Jim.

The aux fan runs, but apparently only when the A/C refrigerant pressure
rises above 325psi.  My hot running problem wasn't at idle, only at speed,
and even then, only under load (climbing a mild grade, speeds over 80mph,
etc..) when the ambient temperature is over 85 degrees F.  I will check to
make sure the radiator tubes aren't clogged ahead of the fan clutch, but I'm
fairly certain that's not the case.  I did drive the car again yesterday,
and the temp gauge never rose more than one needle width above 80.

I tried grounding both of the single wire sensors in the upper radiator hose
outlet on the head, but neither of them made the aux fan run.  Am I looking
in the wrong place for the sensor that cuts the fan in?  There's another
sensor mounted in that outlet, but it's a two wire sensor.  I'm assuming
that's not the correct one.

Thanks again!

-brian