So ran this ML again which ended last night at over $3k.  Just like the first time, no response from high bidder.  It has not yet been 24 hours but I am not holding my breath.  After doing a little research on the ebay forums, come to find out, in vehicle auctions the deadbeat bidder does not even get an unpaid item strike as they consider these auctions non binding.  WTF?  There is absolutely no way to hold these buyers accountable at all.  Not only that, you have to pay each time to relist it.  Maybe this is a sign I should just keep the thing, or maybe try a listing instead of an auction.