I've heard it called Jack Welch disease, but it's really Bably Boomer Tantrum
disease.  Long term planning doesn't extend past tomorrow at breakfast, and
squeezing money out at any cost is all that counts., once the husk is dry you
sell the company and buy another.  The only thing that counts is getting what
you want the instant you want it!

Been watching this coming for decades, and it's why we have "supply chain"
issues.  Half the energy wasted in the world is used shipping raw materials all
over the world to make goods that are shipped back....

Peter