So I got everything buttoned up on the $1500(nee900)E500 having diddled around
enough with the airmatic. Got the fender liners back in, wheels on, dropped the
rear onto the ground and YAY ME it did not slam down!  I was feeling good.

So then I dropped the front… bugger!  It slammed down!  So this is telling me
the front has issues since the front shocks let out the air. I jumpered the
relay to pressurize the system but nothing happened although it built up quite
a bit of pressure per my scanner. Still showing the RR codes but that corner
was not dropping so I’m gonna rule out a bad bag although it might have those
bad components. It don’t know.

Amazon dropped off new relays so I popped one in to see if that would work, it
didn’t initially but when I cleared all the codes and turned the key again the
pump was running and I got pressure in the system but for some reason it is not
raIsing the car. Hmmm

I put some soapy water on the front shocks air connections, did not see any
bubbles. Now I need to get the RF wheel off again, pull off the liner, and see
what the air distribution block is doing, if it’s leaking.

I’m still unsure how this went bad while I was doing the transmission work
unless I messed up an air line somehow but I don’t think the fronts run under
the car.  Maybe having the wheels up for awhile damaged the front shocks?

Worse goes worse I pulled a pair of air shocks off the E500 I got the engine
and trans from so I could always swap those in.

Puzzlements!

--FT
Sent from iFōn