When I lived in Houston I’d be working in my garage shop and the mail guy would
come by. I’d see him often so we would chat a minute. Nice guy, gay Hispanic
which was kinda unusual as that was not particularly culturally common.

 One day I see him coming and call out hello, he’s got this frown on his face
and he kinda shakes his head, and sorta tops it back over his shoulder. I see
this woman back behind him following, clipboard in hand. WTF. So he gives me
the mail and continues on.

This goes on for like 3 days. Then I see him alone a couple days later and I
ask him WTF that was all about. He says it was some evaluation thing and he was
worried about it. Ok.

A week later he is gone and replaced by a succession of incompetents, random
people. Amazing.

Some months go by and one day here he comes again. He was happy to see me and I
him, he stopped and we chatted a bit. He tells me that he got some bad
evaluation, none of it made any sense, so they shipped him off to a bunch of
random routes like these people on my route, none of them have time to learn
anything about the route and the residents on it so they do a $h*t job as one
would expect. He said he was there on such a rotation. He was around for 3-4
weeks then I never saw him again and service was crap from then on out.

I guess I knew at that point the USPS was doomed. Or it just reinforced that
opinion.

--FT
Sent from iFōn