Within a year or two my uncle sort of won that battle. The kids were driving my aunt's Grenada to school and the 273 Cuda was back in the garage where it belonged. IIRC, the Grenada got rusty, aunt got something else, and the boy who hid under the dashboard restored and repainted the Grenada (about five years old at the time) with his dad. Nobody really liked the Grenada, but it worked and didn't draw attention.

On 2021-12-17 12:36, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:
Much like how I scored the 1997 SL500 from a soon to be divorced
mid-life crisis guy. He had five (5!) daughters, all within a year of
each other, with one starting college and the other four in high
school. In an effort to keep the car around, he offered it to them and
they all refused, saying it was an “old person’s car”.

Whaaa?

-D