Their opinions do not conform to my experience.  I had the OM603 SDL running at
80 mph through MT on I-90 and I-94 to cross the state with no issue, other than
a 3am blizzard that was tossing other cars into the median and ditches.  The
OM617 in the SD only got lead footed to 80 for long stretches on I-5 for about
3 hours.  Steady and no runaway.  The OM606na would run at those speeds for 10
hours at a stretch, tank to tank.  Even the W220 on 24 slogs at 85pmh had no
issues… only gasser benz I can speak to.  The OM615 was ok blasting along at
70mph all day long and held 84mph for many minutes (floored) until I chickened
out and let up.  None unstable at top speeds.

Clay

inter urinas et faeces nascimur