As we age that healing takes longer and longer.Angie over-did it at the gym
back in November and her sciatic nerve either got pinched or rubbed on. It's
been 2 months of discomfort and pain.
Her problem is that she won't take a solid week off to let it heal. She'll take
a day off, feel a little better and then try to do a full day's work. I get it,
she's a sole proprietor so if she's not working she's not making any money but
she's getting to where she needs 2 days off to put in one day so she'll take
one day off and work a half day...
We had kind of a blowout about it this morning, she's getting worried about
money but can't break out of her cycle. I told her that if she wants to get
serious about letting herself heal I'll help her with the money but if she
wants to persist with her current tactic she might as well just close the
business. I'm not going to pay for her to follow a road we know leads to
failure.
It's tough love but sometimes she needs these ultimatums to get her to do what
she already knows she needs to do.

-Curt

    On Monday, January 10, 2022, 11:52:12 AM EST, Rick Knoble via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 > The strain I had sure hurt, a tear must be miserable.

It is. Six months post surgery, no pain, but I've still not regained my pre
injury strength. Still doing therapy. Getting better every day, but it is a
long slow process.

Rick