Yep, made the valve adjustment bent wrenches with a couple of cheap wrenches, I
think they are "Companion" brand from the store formerly known as Sears. Cheap
wrenches are thiner and easier to bend.

If you work on cars at all you need a blowtorch. Does not need to be the full
oxy-acetylene rig, just a standard hardware store propane torch will be hot
enough.