Can you look at the EPC to see if it shows where it is more or less, if it actually has one somewhere?

--FT

On 1/23/22 12:46 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
More on the slow starter. Today I decided to check the old battery while it’s
out of the car. It tests perfectly fine. Tested new battery in car, it tests
bad. I’m testing it from the battery connections under the hood. I figure this
would give an idea of what is actually reaching the starter. This line goes
directly to the starter. I could check it directly at the battery but I
guarantee it will be good. Now I suspect it’s a ground or something. Looking at
the connection off the battery it’s under the seat, is tight and looks like
new. Next I get it up on the lift to check from engine to body. Every other MB
has this from the tranny bell housing to to the body. I don’t see it. Where
would it be on a 642 GL?  It appears nearly impossible to get at the
connections at the starter without removing the starter. Looks like the motor
mount and arm on that side would have to come out to even get to it. Anybody
know? It just remembered on the R320 I thing the ground strap came off the
alternator bolt to the body. Will check that. If it’s good it would almost have
to be at the starter, but seems like I’m going to have to remove it to get to
the connections anyway unless Jono or somebody has a better idea.

Sent from my iPhone

--FT