Yesterday it was a little warmer, we got all the way up to 26F. Although I was
unable to get a magnetic heater I had to take the dog for a walk anyway so I
figured I'd give the Tucker a try. I plugged in the block heater and took
Buster for a nice stroll in the adjoining state park.

When we got back I pumped the primer pump about 50 times and cranked the
machine, to my surprise it fired up pretty easily but wouldn't idle and
wouldn't go above about 1500 rpm. I found if I varied pressure on the go pedal
it would rev up a little but would fall back if I tried to hold that faster
speed. Eventually it quit. I took the opportunity to pour the rest of a quart
of Diesel 911 into the tank, so now its got about a quart of Power Service
(white bottle) and the same of Diesel 911. Enough to treat (per the
instructions) 100 gallons in a 33 gallon tank, perfect.

So now I took a minute to play with the fuel filter, the first of two has a
drain (this is when I notice the filters aren't both the same, the ones I
bought are all the same, whoops!) so after some fiddling I get the drain open
and of course, no surprise it runs water. I tapped off about an ounce of water
before it ran with just fuel. 100 pumps on the primer and a bunch of cranking
later and it fired up and ran normally...

I ran it for about a half an hour, I'd beaten on the battery pretty seriously,
and it ran just fine. I'm moderately pleased with the results, at least it got
going again. I'm going to order in another set of fuel filters (or rather I'm
going to order 2 of the second filter) so I can change them out and keep a set
of spares. Hopefully we'll get some snow and I can run the machine and get a
tank of fresh fuel in there.

Tomorrow I need to go do the SAME GAME on the other Tucker...

-Curt