We had a 2012 Passat and a 2001 ML320. The Passat seats were not up to
Mercedes comfort and the wind noise was noticeably greater than a W124. The
ML seats were more comfortable than the Passat, about the same as a W124,
but as others have said, the ride is harder - more like a truck. However,
we did not notice the harsh ride when on Interstate highways, mostly in
town and on our country back roads.
I don't know anything about the newer models ----

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 10:31 AM mitch--- via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I think if you're looking for more comfort than a Passat you're looking
> for a W211 or W212, and not a W164. But that's not the voice of
> experience, it's just speculation.
>
> It's not speculation to say you are not looking for a body on frame
> W163.

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!