Years ago, my brother in law, (before he married my sister) had his home broken into while he was away for a vacation. The burglars broke into the house and loaded stuff into his car which was in the attached garage and stole the car too. They keys were hanging in the house so it made it pretty easy for them. They dumped the car and he got it back but I don't think he got any of the stuff from the house back.