On 07/03/2022 12:01 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
We have a wood stove/fireplace insert that puts out a lot of heat once you get
it going. I hate dealing with it though so it’s only used in emergencies.

Does it have its own source of combustion air from the outside?

We had a wood fireplace that would heat the living room but suck so much air out of the house and up the chimney that the rest of the house would get colder and the gas furnace vent would flow backwards into the basement. We gave up on the wood and installed a gas insert.

Randy