> Truly, an ugly truck. Why are the manufacturers trying to make the pickup
> trucks look so huge?

Every time I look at our two '9x Dodge pickups I'm continually impressed by
their appearance.
They look capable, yet understated.  Clean lines.  Nothing newer looks as good,
IMHO.  The
Cummins and the V10 are more than capable of doing any pulling I need, and both
engines
have excellent longevity reputations.  I foresee no reason to _ever_ replace
them.

The neighbor has one, too.  We just used his tailgate yesterday as a worktable
upon which to resurrect
my Hobart 135 wire-feed welder, the loaner.  (He'd borrowed it and broken it.)
Mine's working again,
and we started in on his broken $50 Hobart, same model.  (He bought it for
parts, to fix mine, but I
think we can get them both working.  I'm handy that way.)

The neighbor's truck was getting pretty beat up, what with its heavy use,
getting sideswiped by
some dolt, and rolled onto its side by his son.  Rather than replace it he
opted to replace the bed,
have the necessary body work done, and repaint.  It looks good, but not 'too
good to use'.  Costs
mostly covered by the dolt's insurance, along with careful shopping.  (Used bed
and door off
Craigslist, etc.)

Memo to dolts everywhere:  the blind S-curves on a rural road are NOT the place
to be
checking your texts while driving...

-- Jim