All trucks in California, [and now everywhere] for example, are required to
pass EPA rules, which means only new production trucks are allowed to be
licensed. All those use DEF, made from Urea, which is now shut off from
export from Russia.. If a new DEF truck runs out of DEF Fluid, the magic
nannie electricals will shut off the truck making it an 80,000 lb brick
that does not deliver goods to market.
"For want of a nail, a shoe was lost. For want of a shoe a horse was lost.
For want of a horse a Knight was lost. For want of a Knight a battle was
lost. For want of a battle a Kingdom was lost.
For want of a Kingdom a people were lost."  Thus the phrase "You've been
nailed".