Oh a bit tongue in cheek, but like most things, the reality is complicated.
Kind of like that far side of the cow holding a poorly painted sign that
says "Eat More Chikin"

It's difficult to teach a man to understand a concept when his livelihood
depends upon him not understanding it. You arent going to get the cows to
support less Chicken subsidies, because people would eat more beef. You
also arent going to get corn farmers to believe that ethanol is
environmentally damaging or worthless, or that ethanol subsidies are a bad
idea, because they would then have to believe they are morally bad for
participating in that, and they know they are not immoral, so ethanol must
not be bad. Also known as cognitive dissonance.