Are the chargers set to AGM mode?

Rick

From: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: March 27, 2022 8:41 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com; davesl...@okiebenz.com
Cc: ka...@striplin.net
Subject: [MBZ] Walmart AGM battery

I have a battery out of a car that is a Walmart AGM battery dated
12/20.  This was the 140 that I could not get into the trunk and the
cables were not tight.  Car sat for many months and drained it dead.
Used a pair of jumper cables connected to a good battery (battery out of
the car at this point as I was able to get into the trunk), and hooked
charger up to it.  This got it charged up and unhooked 2nd battery.
Since then, both my pulse tech and various harbor freight smart charger
will never bring it to a full charger per the chargers.  I hook up my
electronic battery tester and it tests good.  Tried my old fashioned
carbon tester and it also showed good.  Hook back up to charger and
leave it overnight and it always errors out saying overtime charge.  On
the pulse tech, after being on it a certain amount of time I have
noticed it gets to the 75% light but eventually just shows bad battery.
I have not stuck it in a car to see if it will start one but I assume it
will.  Why would the chargers never show it fully charged, but the volts
show 12.8-13 volts right after removing from charger, and it tests
good.  Should I return it to Walmart and see if I can get it exchanged?
I am assuming they will but a tester on it and it will test good so they
wont warranty it despite it supposedly never reaching full charge.