I always start with my scrap metal pile (never through a piece of metal
away), then look at HD, Lowes, Tractor Supply, then go to a metal supply
company..

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 7:44 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I do not have a metal band saw.  Any idea on where I might find a piece
> of metal around the right size?
>
> On 3/30/2022 7:30 PM, OK Don via Mercedes wrote:
> > Take an appropriate sized plate, drill the right diameter hole for the
> end
> > of the slot, then saw from the edge to the sides of the hole. A metal
> > bandsaw makes it easy.
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 5:39 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
> > mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> >> This is a shim that is used on Coats center post tire machines when
> >> working on larger rims.  It is supposed to keep the bottom bead breaker
> >> from hitting the wheel.  This part does not appear to be available
> >> anywhere but looks like it might be semi easy to make.  If i found a
> >> piece of metal that would work I am not sure if I have anything that
> >> would cut it to shape.  Maybe I could find a larger size old brake pad
> >> and cut a notch in the center?  Trying to mount new tires on the 19" GL
> >> wheels and they are too big without using this shim.  Really need to
> >> upgrade to a rim clamp machine.  Any ideas on fabbing something up like
> >> this?
> >>

> https://www.shopequipmentparts.com/shim-lower-bead-breaker-coats-center-post-models-8102927/?fbshop=1&fbclid=IwAR1jtE2WpIxg0HPpA-ppeJFMk31000nwMtUE-X8l_90i067WtnaOoZptxwM

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!