On 10/04/2022 10:53 PM, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:
Yeah, that’s half the battle, seeing it ASAP and pulling the trigger.

I’m surprised no one had jumped on the snowblower, as it had been listed since
early yesterday. The weather has been glorious here for the last week or so, so
possibly people weren’t looking? Usually these go fast.

One potential buyer made them an offer for $250 in the listing, which was a
dumb move. Of course they told him “No”.

-D

And, unfortunately, you often have to be able to go get it right now. I saw something on Marketplace a week or so back on a Wednesday at breakfast time and contacted the vendor and said I would take it. We messaged back and forth a little. He is out of town and I asked if he came in to the city often so that I could meet him somewhere closer. He said not really, so I agreed to go get it. I told him I couldn't come immediately and he said I could come in the evening but that Thursday would be better than that evening or else on Saturday. I said I would come out on Thursday evening. I got his phone number so that I could call for directions to his place before I came. Later that day, I got a message saying he sold it to someone else. It was only a $50 item so I don't know why he couldn't wait until the next day.

Randy