Sailing down the 5 today, having just finished my treatment for the day, I ran over a huge chunk of coiled up truck tire tread.

Typically, I can dodge these rascals but today I was closed in my lane by a UPS truck on one side and a milk tanker on the other. Nowhere to go.

It looks like it whacked the front air dam, of course, cracking it and the belly pan has popped out on the drivers side in the front behind the crack in the air dam.

Stupid me left the travel tool box I normally always carry in vehicles on trips…in my garage at home. I have a flashlight and a Leatherman.

I know the belly pan is held on with Torx screws but I don’t know the sizes. I’ve walked the hotel property (there has been a hold up on us moving into our Vrbo) looking for a ramp-like place I could pull up on to be able to get underneath, but I suppose I will have to get very creative ‘cause I see nothing obvious.

Or, should I just go back to the stealer where I just got my oil changed and ask if they could button it back up? Or, look for an Indy? Or buy a Torx set and look for a “ramp”.

AZBob

Sent from Mail for Windows