  Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:35:03 -0400
From: "wilton strickland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Nearly dead 87 300D battery/neat start
To: <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Abt 3 times last weekend, my 87 300D starter and engine turned VERY
slowly
for ~1 rev and stopped as I held key in start position for another ~3
seconds with starter and engine stopped.  The instant I released key,
engine
did a very neat thing - started from a non-rotating condition.  After
lunch
Mon, 'had to jump it; immediately installed Diehard 805 CCA.  Old bat
was
only 6 1/2 yrs old.

Wilton

http://mail.yahoo.com