As I understand it, with CDI engines you need to watch for "black death" due to
leaky injector seals. For Bluetec engines I think concerns tend to be around
the DPF stuff but if you take regular long highway drives that helps. It's not
an ideal car if you are doing mostly short trips, but no diesel really is. They
need to get properly warmed up, and with Bluetec the DPF needs to complete its
"regneration" cycle where it burns off accumulated soot.