From: Bob Rentfro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 11:42:12 -0700
Subject: [MBZ] Was '72 350SL, Now: We're Good Guys

I felt badly last night thinking about how that poor old guy could barely stand
up outdoors, willing to fill me in on his car as I looked. So...today I called
him to give him my name and number telling him that when he feels up to it give
me a call so I can give it a good once over and drive it. He said that would be
great. He then went into a little spiel about how considerate that was of me
and
about how people who own older Mercedes are generally very nice and considerate
that way. He then mentioned how he was glad "some one who knew whar he was
getting and would take good care of it" was fixin' to buy his car. What a nice
feller.

I felt glad/proud for all of us. It appears we're not as looney as our spouses
sometimes think.

Bob Rentfro
'77 300D 154K
'01 VW Beetle TDI 66K
working on getting "72 350SL 78K (woo hoo)