On 2022-05-25 11:18, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
Seems unlikely. Usually when I hear the crazies get real news time I
know the worst is over.Housing market is a good example, I heard on
the radio "the current high prices are the new normal and will
continue forever." Now housing prices are falling...

With something that the buyer has the power to set the price, like housing, corporate stocks, and tulip bulbs, the price will peak when everybody in the market believes it can only keep rising in price. Confidence and Fear Of Missing Out will be at maximum levels, until an outside force crashes the price.

The reverse works at the bottom. When nobody wants to buy today because they know it'll be cheaper tomorrow, that's when the price can't go any lower.