It sounds like you'd be better served with a gas car. With the cost of diesel
recently and the fact that you're going to short drive it you'll carbon up a
60x engine. Get a V8 and enjoy it.
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 11:00 AM, Donald Snook via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   I have been out of the MB diesel game
for too long and can’t keep up on the nomenclature and which ones to avoid.

If I was looking for a Mercedes diesel that would get 30+ mpg and is pretty
reliable which would I look for?

I know the 124 diesel with the 2.5 (602?) is great.  And the 603 is very good
too. (Right?)

The 606 in the 124 and 210 is also good?

Then, the CDI started and the Black Death is a big concern and the blue tec is
next.  Someone mentioned the other day that bluetec has its own issues — most
notably it is not good for relatively short drives like a 10 minute commute.
It really needs to be driven for a while to get everything heated up and
working.

My cars now get driven to work only 6-8 miles one way. Half of that is on the
highway - obviously not for long.  Then relatively short trips on the weekend.
occasionally we drive long distances over a weekend 600 miles or so maybe every
few months.

So, if I want a fuel efficient MB diesel that doesn’t have to be driven 30
minutes at a time, should I be focused on 124 and 210 with the 602, 603, and
606?

What was the six cylinder non-turbo that was in the 124 and 210? I remember
hearing great things about those.

Donald H. Snook