On 2022-06-17 10:08, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:
I think it started already. I say that because when I bought my ML550
the seller was already having issues trying to sell it, and was
getting feedback from potential buyers over concerns about the crappy
gas mileage. I think it’s interesting that I get much the same mileage
in my 2003 ML350 that I do with the 2008 ML550. I suspect that’s
largely due to the AWD aspect with the ML350 and the M112. I presume
the ML550 is more efficient due to a newer design, but the engine size
knocks it down.

The 350 is a W163?
I'd expect a V6 W163 to be about as efficient as a V8 W164, bigger engine vs body on frame.