I would think the 2007 CDI Bluetec would get close to or over 40 MPG, IF it had
the DPF removed and was tuned for OFF ROAD USE ONLY. I would guess those Regen
cycles kill mileage.

Rick

From: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: June 20, 2022 10:05 AM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com; davesl...@okiebenz.com
Cc: ka...@striplin.net
Subject: [MBZ] 190D 2.2 5 speed mileage

With the fuel prices the way they are, I am actually getting ready to
bring my 85 190D 5 speed out of hibernation.  I originally planned on
selling it at some point but now I will probably drive it for a while.
The problem is, I have a box of keys for the cars out by the shop and I
can't find it anywhere.  Anyway, key aside, what kind of mileage will a
2.2 5 speed do?  It has to be better than my E300 turbo although not
nearly as fun.  How would it compare to a 648?  Attached is EPA
comparison for a few different models.  Surely the 190D would do better
than what they list in a real world situation?