-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 11:07 AM
To: Diesel List
Subject: [MBZ] 190D update

While I feel like typing I thought I'd give an update on my 190D.
  When I first got it on cold startup it acted sort of odd, it'd start
but idle really low for maybe 1/2 second and then come up to normal idle
speed. Warm starts were fine.
  Now after around 7,000 miles 6,000 of that with Mobil 1 and most of it
at full throttle that problem is pretty much gone, hit the key and its
idling. Power has increased noticably and I ran a plot yesterday that
shows a nice fuel mileage increase from around 34 average to 37+.
  We're going from MA to PA for a wedding next weekend and I plan to
change the oil right after we get back, my theory being that the long
highway run will help burn off more carbon to clean out. In the 6,000
miles I've added about 1/2 quart of oil wost of which I expect is
because of pulling a sample for analysis.
  I still need to replace the passenger seat bottom with one Fred Moir
gave me and figure out how to put in the antenna seal I bought from
Rusty but overall I'm quite happy.

  Oh my wife had new tires put on it and had them nitrogen inflated, I
can tell you I definately notice absolutely no difference. Of course the
new tires are nice as they don't hydroplane so bad and don't squirm all
over the road like the bad old ones do....

  -Curt
  '85 190D "Dory" 240kmi

http://mail.yahoo.com