From: Mercedes <mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com> On Behalf Of Floyd Thursby via
Mercedes
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2022 12:49 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Floyd Thursby <buggeredbenzm...@gmail.com>
Subject: [MBZ] 02CL500 adventures

Car has only 106kmi.  I did a scan on it, nothing too serious popped up except
as below with ESP.  Running OK but in trans limp mode so will need to get the
ESP sorted.

Cleaned the car up, it was not too bad at all, a good vacuuming and wash got it
looking better.  Will need a good paint buffing. Interior pretty clean, leather
almost all quite good, one tear in the driver seat, will probably scrub the
carpets at some point.  Console lid release is broken, will have to sort that
out.  Plastic does not hold up well.  It has the seats that the bottom goes
forward and makes a lot longer leg support, very comfortable.  The lumbar bags
aren't working which I think is a common failure but could be a fuse or
something. Not critical but would be nice to have.

Found a loose/bad power connection at the power point in the passenger
footwell, got that organized so most of the power funkiness has been sorted out
but there might still be some niggling issues, more to come. Battery is not
draining now so that is encouraging.  The trunk lid release switch works
intermittently as does the auto-lowering/raising windows when the door is
opened and closed.  Windows work though.  I have not been through all the fuses
yet.

Hydraulic suspension pumps now and holds, probably needed some exercising to
clear out any goobers in the lines and struts, so that is good.  Still getting
ABC error but that might go away, not clear why it should be there.  I might be
able to clear it.

Has ABS and ESP errors which might be due to a bad module or connection, will
take a look at that.  Might have another module, in any case they are available
on eBay for $35 or so.

Fun times on a very cool complicated German car!  Not bad for $1500 now that I
have some of the issues sorted and the remaining ESP thing doesn't look too bad.

--
--FT