Angie has been using a 2010 Macbook Pro for a few years now. While it's still a
usable machine it crashes on her pretty frequently. I'd salvaged it from work
and knew it had a wonky ethernet port so the hardware was already questionable.

A friend has some new-ish Windows laptops coming from a hardware refresh at his
company but they're going to be a month or two so in the interim what with
Amazon Prime day I bought a Lenovo Idea Pad:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087YW8FQB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

It's a 2020 model but brand new. First impression is that it's very light and
cheap feeling but I paid less than $100 (Prime day special) for it. It's
essentially a tablet with a keyboard and no touch screen. Boots in a couple
seconds, plays YouTube videos perfectly. Keyboard is a little mushy but I've
used considerably worse.

The only complaint I have about it so far is that it sync'ed all my bookmarks
in by default. 90% of the were from work. I needed to pay more attention to the
sync options when I first started it up. Angie will probably like it pulling in
bookmarks...

-Curt