On 2022-07-28 18:01, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:
I have a 24kW generator on my house with a 4 ton AC, to give an idea
of size versus load.

I never had any trouble starting a 1.5T AC with a 11hp pull-cord generator.
Has a 5-2-1 hard start kit.
When I first put it in, I was in no condition to run a new 240 line through the garage ceiling so I used the 15A fast blow circuit that I had for a mini split. 7A running, 42A locked rotor, no apparent problems running on a 15A fast breaker instead of the specified 20A HACR breaker.