> This is also why I’m all for socialized medicine. It’s far from perfect, but
> as long as medicine involves profits, it will never be centered on the
> patient.

Profits are not the problem.  The lack of _competition_ is the problem.
You don't like how you're being treated?  Vote with your feet.  With enough
such votes the bad ones either get the message and improve, or die.  Either
way, you (we) win.  Yes, it can be inefficient.  That's what makes it work.

Systems that prevent you from doing this are Evil, regardless of the ideology
in which they cloak themselves.  It is also your (our) responsibility to provide
good feedback.  Traditionally it is a nice letter explaining why you will never
darken their door again.  Be nice.  Be thorough.  A walk, _with_ a letter, is
at least 10x more effective than a walk alone.

-- Jim