Anyone have experience with Toyota Camry from the mid 1990s?

As a lesson to the oldest boy in what you can get when you don't save up for a
car, knowing that the rusting Focus you are driving could suffer a fatal
failure at any time, I have found a Camry locally that I imagine could be
bought for $1,000 or less. According to the seller, "The car is leaking coolant
somewhere and overheating rather quickly (in less than one mile).  The
diagnosis from the shop was bad radiator and bad water pump."

https://bloomington.craigslist.org/cto/d/clear-creek-1996-toyota-camry/7517431978.html

I'm worried it might be something more serious like a head gasket. Though don't
really know if these cars were prone to that. I recall the 4-cylinder engines
used in the pickup trucks were very robust. My parents had a Camry of about
that era and it was pretty trouble-free.

Thoughts?