A free-standing stove gets into a lot of code and insurance issues. There are a
lot of zero-clearance inserts you can box in and run a flue, they have fans to
move the heat around, look like a fireplace when (glass) doors are open.

The flue aspect can be challenging too. I think the newer types are triple-wall
and bring combustion air in from outside and insulate much better than the
older styles.

--FT
Sent from iFōn