Good points.

Randy

On 06/10/2022 12:11 PM, MG via Mercedes wrote:
Aren't the transfer case and the transmission bolted together?

If they are is that vac line near the back of the case?

If so then it might be possible to lower the back end of the transmission to regain the correct spacing. It might even be that it is just the rear transmission mount crossmember that is bent upward.

Check the cab mounts and see if the frame is bent down a bit or even if the mounting point on the cab floor is bent upward?

Just off the wall thoughts.

MG

Jim Cathey via Mercedes wrote:
I noticed that my wrecked-then-repaired Dodge pickup ('97, diesel) didn't seem to have operating 4wd, and today I think I figured out why.  The wreck shifted the transfer case upwards towards the tunnel an inch or so, and that's enough to kink the vacuum hoses that come out the connector on top of the
transfer case.  (I compared it visually to my '96 V10 truck.)

The front axle engagement is driven by vacuum, and the 4wd dash light is
driven by a switch on the front axle.  So, unless everything's working correctly
you don't get the light.

I'm not quite sure what to do here.  Punch a dome up in the sheet metal of the tunnel using a floor jack?  Tear apart the vacuum connector and try to fit 90-degree elbows in there?  Take truck to real frame shop to have it all torqued into spec?

-- Jim