It was a curt adapter I believe.

On 10/24/2022 10:08 PM, Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
Should not be that easy to plug it in wrong. Or was this some chinese bargain
amazonian lighting controller?

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022, at 18:14, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
I figured out what she did.  She managed to plug the adapter in upside
down which sent the 12 volt acc straight to the ground of the 4 flat on
the trailer.  It burned that wire all the way to the frame of the
trailer.  In looking at the adapter, the 4 flat ground is fused to the
adapter and I can't even unplug it.

I replaced the tail light module, and problem was solved, at first. As I
was explaining to the wife what she did, which she then turned it back
to being my fault because I did not tell her how to plug it in, the damn
lights came back on.  The module has 4 harnesses that plug into it.  I
started pulling them and replacing, and somehow got them off.  Lights
were back to working like they should.  The module slides into a bracket
which them bolts to the frame.  I was going to leave it loose to make
sure it actually continued to work, but then decided to go ahead and
mount it as it was working fine.  As soon as I started messing with it,
the lights came back on and I could not get them back off.  I looked at
the individual wires coming directly out of the connector on the truck
and none appeared to be melted.  I guess I will have to take a closer
look as there has to be something melted within the harness.  I hope it
did not screw up the new module, or possibly the old module was not
really bad.